A poncho to love.

This weekend, I finally semi-finished Olivia’s poncho that I have been working on since the middle of January. I found the pattern on Prudent Baby last month and have been practicing my granny squares ever since. Here is the tute: Granny Square Poncho from Two Girls Being Crafty. Notice my poncho does not look ANYTHING like this. That is because I am a novice. No, I am the novice’s assistant!

The best granny square tute that I have found has been on Purl Bee,  and I have been in granny square mode ever since! They just aren’t for your granny any more. Here are some things I have learned while making this poncho (which is falling apart):

1.) Make sure you block your granny squares before attempting to put your squares together! (ha ha) I had no idea just how important that was until I tried to put the squares together, and as you can tell from the poncho, the squares pucker and bubble up. This wouldn’t have happened.

2.) Either crochet your ends in as you go or weave them in to secure them, but either way, make sure they are very secure in your stitching. I am finding the squares kind of falling apart because she was pulling on it.

And 3.) Practice makes perfect. So I will try again. This time maybe with some fun organic cotton. She does look kinda cute, no?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

She looks totally cute! And it is a good practice poncho!

Post a Comment

Back to Top