0

Vintage jars tutorial- Put some jars to good use!

Shopping for vintage jars can be quite expensive, and why buy more when you have two dozen canning jars sitting around collecting dust?

I found a tutorial via Pinterest (which if you haven’t visited, you must, I have pintrexia), and thought I might try it out. I really love the result, however feel that I could have diluted the glass paint a bit more to get a little bit lighter of a glaze. Here is my result!

You can access the tutorial here. I bought two different glass paints. Vitrea 160 in Turquoise, and Vitrea 160 Paint Thinner. Both of these are available at your local craft store or Michael’s Craft Store.

I veered off from the picture below, however, and placed them on a sheet of parchment on top of a baking sheet. This made it easy so that I didn’t have to move them when I had to bake them.

I painted the outside of them, trying to cover them completely without leaving too many brushstrokes or drips.

image source

I then left them for 24 hours, and then baked them at 325 for 40 minutes and… voila!

The picture below shows them in my window seal mixed with baby food jars filled with rosemary. I love that I can just throw them up in the window and pick some herbs or flowers from the yard and place them in any of these jars. AND, when I have some flowers to give to a friend, I can dress up one of these jars and place the flowers in them and it makes a fantastic gift!

Happy Sunday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top